About Betsabeé Romero
Born in Mexico city in 1963.
Studies Fine Arts and History of Arts in Paris, France, and Mexico City.
Has more than 40 individual exhibitions all over the world such as:
- Road Show, at Ramis Barquet Gallery, New York
- On the Freeway, at The Drill Hall Gallery, Canberra Australia.
- Lagrimas Negras (Black Tears) at the Amparo Museum, Puebla; Museum of Contemporary Art, Monterrey and San Ildefonso, Mexico City.
She also made plenty of Urban Interventions, working with locals comunities such as in East L.A., Colonia Buenos Aires in Mexico City; Idaho; Chicago; Toulouse, France;
She also participate in many Group Exhibitions and Biennals:
- InSite 97 en México-Tijuana,
- Art Grandeur Nature, La Courneuve Paris,
- Cinco Continentes D.F.,
- Habana Biennal 2004, Cuba.
- Portoalegre Biennal, Brasil, 2004
- Poligraphic Trienal de San Juan Puerto Rico 2004,
- Eco, Arte Contemporáneo Mexicano Museo Reyna Sofía
You can find her work in many important collections :
- Jacques et Natasha Gelman Collection ,
- Daros Collection, Switzerland
- LACMA L.A.USA,
- Museum of Modern Art of Houston